25 Healthy Snack Ideas to Keep On Track With Your Fitness Goals!
I have had more than one person ask me to create a blog post with a list of healthy snack options that are easy to fix, nutritious, and will keep you on track to reach your fitness goals. It is good to keep some healthy snacks around at home and even at work, so here is a list of 25 satisfying and healthy ideas.
1. Avocado on whole wheat toast, with a little salt and maybe red pepper flakes
2. Popcorn, no butter
3. String cheese
4. Hummus, with carrot and celery sticks
5. Yogurt and fruit
6. Sliced tomato with cottage cheese
7. Tuna salad on cucumber slices
8. A piece of fruit (apple, banana, grapes, melon, berries, orange, tangerine)
9. Frozen banana chunks
10. Peanut butter on celery
11. Handful of almonds or other nuts or seeds
12. Apple slices with peanut butter
13. One pouch of seasoned tuna (StarKist Tuna Creations)
14. Guacamole with fresh veggies
15. Sliced tomato with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
16. Baby carrots and lite dressing
17. Handful of raisins
18. Small healthy smoothie , no sugar
19. Frozen banana blended "ice cream"
20. Dill pickle spears
21. Small cup of vegetable or tomato soup
22. Small cup of oatmeal, drizzle of honey
23. Handful or small bowl of plain Cherrios or other whole grain cereal with little or no added sugar
24. Hard boiled egg
25. Piece of turkey or chicken breast
I know that there are hundreds of other healthy snack options out there, but this is a good list to get you started and thinking of ways to satisfy your urge for a snack without settling for something not so good for you. My main thing is, I do not eat hardly anything out of a package. I try to focus on eating whole, all-natural foods, even when I snack. I have found that this is really more satisfying anyway. I have cut added sugar almost completely from my diet and now when I eat fruit, it tastes super sweet to me....the way it is intended to taste! Take this list and add to it your own ideas of lower calorie snacks to keep you going throughout the day, feeling great!